Is your website struggling to keep up with the needs of your museum? We design and develop museum websites that can handle the needs of growing organizations.
You want to draw more visitors and be the authority on your subject matter. You have events to promote and info to share. Your website should be the marketing hub for your organization, but if it’s providing a frustrating experience for you and your visitors, it could be costing you growth.
We evaluate your unique needs and goals to create a site that meets your needs today, and has room to grow with you. You’ll be able to stop fighting with your website so you can focus on your goals, and your visitors will thank you.
"The team at Landslide Creative was an absolute pleasure to work with. Their dedication to our project was above and beyond their call of duty and the new website was absolutely pristine at the time of launch. They were the only organization to take the time to visit our location, demonstrating a deep commitment to their customers as more than just a dollar amount. It was a personal touch that you don’t see much anymore and really left the nicest of impressions on our staff."
Custom Website Design & Development Services for Museums, Art Galleries & Historical Sites
Your museum website will be designed and developed based on your existing brand and specific communications needs. Whether you need to showcase your works of art with curation software or increase giving with donation tools, we can help you integrate with third-party platforms (such as Tessitura, Blackbaud and more). We look ahead to plan for your future needs so you maximize your ROI.
All of our custom sites use responsive design to ensure a great user experience for people on all devices, including tablets and phones. We prioritize security, performance and search engine optimization at every step. Learn more about our website BuildOuts.
Museum Website Design Services
Ready to get started? Have more questions?
A website redesign is a big project, and you probably have a lot of questions. Use the form to get in touch, and we can talk through all of the details, no pressure!
Or get in touch via phone or email:
Questions About Museum Website Design & Development
You’re our primary focus.
We’re a small company, and we use that to your advantage. We schedule our projects so that you’re our primary focus for the duration of your website redesign. Our small size means we can be highly responsive and agile, and there’s no bureaucracy to slow things down.
We are invested in you as an organization, not just a website.
While websites are what we do, we understand that it’s just one facet of your operations. We approach your project as a way to achieve your larger business and marketing goals.
We have diverse experience.
We’ve worked in a variety of industries―from nonprofits and healthcare to entertainment and e-commerce―and picked up an array of best practices in the process. We apply our expertise to your project, resulting in a well-rounded product that uses the top engagement strategies.
You’ll actually like working with us.
We may be serious about our work, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We truly love what we do, and it shows. After all, a website launch is a major project. Let’s have some fun in the process!
Every institution, art museum, and heritage site is unique, but there are also key website features and functionality that just about every museum needs or would love to have. To ensure your organization has the critical ingredients that lead to a successful digital presence, we include the following in every museum website we design and develop:
- Customized WordPress CMS – Every site is custom-built on a WordPress foundation that we’re continuously updating and optimizing.
- Custom Design – We create a custom website design, based on your branding. We don’t use templates, so you know your site is completely designed for your specific needs, preferences and target audiences. We rely on user interaction design trends and patterns to ensure an intuitive experiences.
- Strategic Site Map and Navigation – The first step of our process is meeting with your stakeholders and departments to discuss your needs and goals. Based on your priorities, we recommend a site map and navigational structure that serves your audiences and objectives.
- Page Builder Tool – Our custom Page Builder Tool gives you the control to quickly and easily add, remove and edit content without compromising the design of the site. No coding or advanced knowledge needed, and your site is extremely flexible so that it can accommodate your changing needs.
- Unlimited Pages – Create landing pages for all of your programs, classes, workshops, fundraisers, events, and more.
- Full Control – You have full control of your page content and navigation structure. Quickly and easily update pages as needed.
- Ticketing & Memberships – We can integrate with your third-party ticketing and sales tools for a seamless experience for visitors.
- Collection / Works Archive & Virtual Visit – Build a digital archive of your collection or a virtual visit to your site.
- E-Commerce – Sell products and services online to boost revenue.
- Staff/Leadership Directory – Introduce your leadership team, directors or curatorial staff.
- Event Calendar – Display your upcoming events in a centralized calendar view and automatically create dedicated landing pages for each event.
- Online Donations – Integrate with your online giving platform, like Tessitura, Blackbaud, Stripe, Paypal and more.
- Content Aggregation & Page Building – We help you aggregate the content from your existing website or materials, and enter content into your new CMS.
- Forms – Add contact forms to any page and route submissions to the right person to manage communication and registrations.
- Site Search – Help visitors quickly find the content they need.
- Blog / Resources – Share original content and a variety of media formats.
- Search Engine Optimization – We use best practices and helpful tools to make your site discoverable on search engines.
- Accessibility – We can build according to the compliance level needed.
- Analytics – Monitor the performance of your website over time and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Map – Make it easy for visitors to find your location and get driving directions.
This is just the beginning! Get in touch to talk about our process and what you can expect during your project!
We break our website pricing into two distinct parts:
The strategic planning phase comes first and includes an in-person or virtual LaunchPlan strategy session. During this session, we get into the details of your big-picture objectives and technical requirements and brainstorm any additional features or functionality you would like to see. This ensures we have an accurate picture of what you need and want in your website, and allows us to develop a comprehensive plan for execution.
After the strategic plan is completed and approved, we put together a detailed statement of work (SOW) for the design and development phase and provide a final price based on executing it as specified.
If you have a specific budget, we can typically work with you to create a plan to maximize your value.
If you are working with an RFP, please send a copy to email@example.com, and we’ll be happy to respond!
Yes! Please submit your RFP to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll follow up with any questions.
Yes, we provide website hosting, security and maintenance.
We can also work with your internal team or an existing provider if you prefer — we’re flexible!
We do not require any ongoing maintenance contracts. Because of the flexibility and control of our system, our clients typically have few maintenance requests. However, we are always available to provide small or large scale maintenance as needed.
We can provide a variety of powerful marketing and creative services that increase the reach and engagement of your site: content production, ongoing search engine optimization, remote user testing, video production, graphic design, and more.