Landslide Creative earned a Gold award for our our Des Moines Art Center website design in the 2021 MUSE Creative Awards, an international design competition that received over 4,876 entries from across the world. Entries are judged according to a strict assessment criteria by a jury of industry professionals from global brands in the creative and design industries.
The Des Moines Art Center is a museum of modern and contemporary art located in Des Moines, Iowa, and features a school for studio art education. Landslide Creative partnered with the team at the Des Moines Art Center to re-imagine the user experience for each of their target audiences. We streamlined their navigation for intuitive browsing, highlighting offerings that were previously underrepresented. We developed API integrations with their third-party software systems for a more efficient admin experience. The website is also designed and developed according to WCAG 2.0 accessibility guidelines. Highlights include:
- A bold, colorful and photo-driven design matches the brand’s style guide and modern aesthetic, and gives visitors a sense of what to expect on-site. The colors double as a navigational aid.
- Current exhibitions are featured in an interactive photo display on the homepage to entice visitors to explore art on view.
- The Plan Your Visit page makes the most important visitor information easy to find, and directs users to high-value content.
- A revamped class finder tool helps visitors discover and register for upcoming art classes.
- A new membership pricing table clearly compares and promotes the benefits of membership.
- Strategic placement of calls to action ensure every page has a clear next step.